|Position Description: |
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?” (Luke 14:28)
Lutheran Bible Translators (LBT) is an independent, non-profit Lutheran mission organization. Mission: Lutheran Bible Translators makes God’s Word accessible to those who do not yet have it in the language of their hearts. Vision: God is transforming the lives of people around the world as they read and use His Word in their heart language.
The Financial Manager plays an important role by providing financial and administrative support to the organization.
- Maintains financial records and provides for day-to-day financial operations
- Initiates and manages budget process and analyzes actual to budget variances
- Provides financial management reports and fiscal support to staff
- Regularly monitors and analyzes financial position
- Prepares cash flow projections
- Responsible for all banking activities, including bank reconciliations and international bank relations
- Monitors investment activity and statements
- Provides payroll oversight and review to the Human Resources Manager
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the organization, including AP and cash receipts
- Provides other financial reporting and analysis to the organization as requested
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and filings
- Advises management of actions and potential financial and planning risks
- Responsible for preparation and support of the external audit, including all work papers and documentation required by the external auditor
- Develops and appraises assigned accounting staff
- Processes ACH, broker, and wire transfer payments for staff and missionaries
- Manage fixed asset ledger for national and international assets
- Improve automation of financial transaction processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preparation and Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, electronic finance management systems, and online financial systems
- Bachelor's degree is required in accounting or related degree
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA ) designation is desired, but not required
- Three to five years’ experience in a finance position
- Prefer one to two years' non-profit experience
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. You will be expected to prioritize work with little supervision.
Does this describe you? If so, email your resume and a completed application to the HR Manager. Applications can be found on our website at LBT.org.