Association of Lutheran Mission Agencies (ALMA) Membership
ALMA provides networking, organizational and spiritual support to Lutheran mission agencies, RSOs, and societies, as well as synodical and district mission entities, mission-involved congregations, and other supportive businesses and organizations in their specific efforts to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ALMA does this by providing:
- An identifiable entity for those Lutheran men and women who represent, operate and promote their respective mission societies or agencies.
- A setting for professional interaction and personal sharing among those involved in mission activities in the United States and other countries.
- An organization that fosters a spirit of trust and teamwork among mission organizations and related entities.
ALMA’s objectives are to:
- Encourage cooperation in mission efforts in order to advance God's mission.
- Work alongside The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Connect Lutheran mission groups, congregations, and individuals to one another and to the worldwide Lutheran family.
- Provide information about opportunities for mission involvement and models for agencies and congregations looking for ways to work more effectively.
- Encourage member agencies and other mission-involved individuals and groups to share information, mission opportunities, and best practices to encourage more effective mission work and greater participation in mission efforts by all members of the Body of Christ.
- Refer those in need of information, assistance, and counsel to the appropriate ALMA members with the experience or expertise in a given situation.
- Promote participation in mission alliances and coordination with LCMS.
Benefits of ALMA membership
ALMA members and associate members receive the following benefits:
- Networking and mutual support with other Lutheran mission organizations.
- Discounted registration for the ALMA Annual Conference and other events (webinars, etc.).
- Listing, description, graphics, and links in the searchable database on the ALMA web site, www.almanetwork.org, to promote your organization and help people find and learn more about you.
- The ability to post news articles/updates and position vacancies in the ALMA online listserv.
- A "Members only" online community that provides a diverse array of features and services for learning and networking with other members.
- Inclusion in the ALMA directory of member organizations.
- Consultation on issues like funding, communications, and mission education.
- Credibility of member organizations.
Annual Membership Fees
Voting Member (nonprofit charitable Recognized Service Organization, Mission Agency, or Society with faith positions and activities in harmony with the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions).
Annual budget less than $100,000: $75.00.
Annual budget of $100,000-$250,000: $100.00.
Annual budget of more than $250,000: $150.00.
Associate Member (business, related/other organization, synodical mission entity, district, congregation, or non-Lutheran mission organization that has an interest in the purpose and activities of ALMA). Membership: $100.00 per year.
Individual Member (individual supporter with an interest in the purpose and activities of ALMA). Membership: $100.00 per year.Have questions or need more information?
If you would like more information about joining ALMA, or have questions about membership, please click on the "Contact Us" button on the navigation bar. Please be specific regarding the information you need or questions you have.
Joining ALMA online
To join ALMA, select your Membership Category from the drop-down menu below and click on Next to complete the appropriate form. Then, follow the instructions to process your membership fees and activate your membership.