ALMA is a professional service organization linking and equipping Lutheran mission agencies, congregations, and individuals for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ALMA encourages cooperation in mission efforts in order to advance God's mission, working alongside The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. ALMA began in 1996 with less than 10 mission agencies. Today approximately 65 different mission groups represent a variety of specialties, people groups and geographic focuses.
While most of ALMA organizations are based in North America, membership is open to any mission agency, society, congregation or individual worldwide.
* ALMA connects mission leaders to one another and to the global Lutheran family.
* ALMA encourages collaboration and the sharing of information, mission opportunities, and best practices to develop more effective mission work.
* ALMA promotes mission efforts and champions greater participation in missions by the whole Body of Christ.
* ALMA refers those in need of information, assistance, and counsel to the appropriate ALMA agencies with the experience or expertise in a given situation.
* ALMA promotes participation in mission partnerships and collaboration within the LCMS and beyond.
We thank God for these dedicated servants of the Lord who help lead ALMA! Board Members serve a two-year term and are elected at the Annual Meeting during the ALMA conference.